The fifth of the Talks dedicated to MicroMegaWines. Ian D'Agata introduces the producers participating in the second edition of the highest quality small production area, a unicum in the international panorama of wine fairs.
The protagonists of the talk:
- Casato 1922: on the slopes of Colognola ai Colli and Spave stands this family-owned business that enhances ancient vineyards to honor a special terroir. Endless attention & small gestures for an ongoing dialogue with nature, to cultivate and produce wine from the heart
- Primosic: growing vines and making wine is a solid family tradition for Primosic, which has already spanned many generations. Primosic wines are the tiles of a mosaic that draws a personal and unique image of the Collio region
- Maeli: The identity of the territory, which has always been at the centre of the Maeli research, has proven its great potential when planted with the Yellow Muscat grape. The ancient origin of the soil is volcanic, rich in trachyte, chalk and clay that in the vineyard are mixed with marl and loam
- Venusa: A vineyard that has defied salt and high water for centuries, giving birth to a wine with characteristics unique in the world. On the island of Mazzorbo, the Dorona di Venezia grape variety has found a magical balance between a vocated soil and the constant threat of salt and water
- Annafrancesca: Old vineyard but new winery. The two sisters Anna and Francesca started to make wines in 2015, to enhance the “wise” Merlot, creating ANNAFRANCESCA, a line of unconventional wines that reflects the point of view on the world of wine and pays tribute to their grandfather. Unconventional wines, in which Merlot is exalted in unusual and unexpected forms.
These and other niche wineries of unquestionable quality are waiting for you at Vinitaly from April 2nd to 5th 2023 in Hall H.
Never stop wondering about this incredible Italian wine!
Event languages: English
How to participate: Public Free Event